How to fix the game for Pets
This tutorial is the exclusive property of its author "Khany" and site Khany Sims. You can register on your site via a direct link on this page, but in no event host - copy - modify ...
How to solve the problems encountered with personal content for Pets.? (07/11/2011 modifications)
How is your game?
1) 1) You have not installed Pets AND you have not installed the latest patch proposed by your launcher : you must not do anything to your custom content but you must pay attention to the information provided on the download sites. In this case, you should not download content that is specified to be compatible with the latest patch and/or with Pets.
2) 2) You have not installed Pets BUT you have installed the latest patch proposed by your launcher : you need to modify your custom content following the instructions below and you will now have to download content that is compatible with Pets although you did not install the add-on.
3) 3) You have installed Pets, the patch is automatically installed with the add-on : the same procedure as in the previous case, the former content should be fixed and you need to pay attention to future downloads.
Edit your game
The Sims Ressources (TSR), developed an efficient solution and I am personnally very grateful to them. Using their program is quite simple, I will not reproduce all their explanation screens, I'll just list you the most important steps. To follow the procedure screen by screen, I invite you to open the following link: 3 steps to change your personal content on TSR.
1) IMPORTANT: make a full backup of your game. Copy the folder contained under "Documents" or "My Documents" found in "Electronic Arts" (in full if you have only The Sims 3 EA game) or sub- folder "Electronic Arts / Sims 3" if you have other EA games.
2) It is imperative that the game is patched and / or to have Pets installed to proceed.
3) For the "TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer" program to work, you need a library named "granny2.dll". It is legally prohibited from providing this library via this website and / or via TSR. To solve this problem:
- This dll is already on your PC via installing another application. You'll find it using the "search" function of your computer.
- Either you do a search on the internet to download this dll via a site that has permission to distribute it. HERE for example (604 KB)
WARNING : There are several versions of this "granny2.dll". Make sure you have a version dated 2009 or latest. If this is not the case, the "TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer" program will not work and will display an error.
- Download the tool "TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer". Run "rigfix_setup.msi" by double clicking on it and install it by default. (Follow the screens offered by TSR if you hesitate).
- Place the "granny2.dll" file in the installation folder "TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer". Depending on your operating system, this file will be a style of address "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ The Sims Resource \ TSR RigFix.
Step 2Double-click the "TSR Pets CC Bug Fixer" which should now be on your desktop or launch it from your list of programs. You can follow the process of implementing screens.
Step 3Convert your Sims3packs and / or package files, that is to say, your personal content. Follow the instructions on TSR.
TSR reports that memory errors - "out of memory" - may occur with downloads of over 2GB. I will describe in detail the method to follow in this case once it will be tested. Do not hesitate to return to this page, these explanations are likely to evolve with time.
A lire : Conditions d'utilisation du contenu du site
Webmaster: Cécile Muno "Khany". Toute copie ou reproduction strictement interdite. Copyright© 2009-2019 by Cécile Muno.
Ce site est totalement indépendant de Electronic Arts™